New upgrade option?

HoddzDJ

This is just an option that I suddenly thought about this morning so thought I would throw in my two cents and see what people think about it any maybe it will be added, who knows! Just recently my license expired, I purchased my copy of XenForo as soon as it was avalible so I expect a few people had to renew or had their license run out on the same day as mine.

Anyway, I was thinking, would be it an idea to have a 'per version' upgrade fee? I guess it's sort of like what vB is doing but XF could do it differently. You'd have three pricing brackets (per 0.0.x upgrades, 0.x upgrade and x upgrades).

You'd keep the $40 upgrade for a years support too, but you also get this added if you're a bit short of cash but want to keep the support going. Also, depending on how you choose to upgrade, you get support until that version is no longer the latest.

Just my two cents, I will be upgrading for another yearsworth of support whatever happens, but thought it might be an idea.

I think per year keeps things very simple and there's no need to renew your support license if you don't require the latest version immediately

The only thing that annoys/frustrates me is not having access to the other forums, well I do but not to view attachments and download add-ons even though I own a copy of the software and it's a legitimate copy too! Still, it's only £25 a year so not too expensive to be fair.

The only thing that annoys/frustrates me is not having access to the other forums, well I do but not to view attachments and download add-ons even though I own a copy of the software and it's a legitimate copy too!
You do have access to all the customer forums and resources.

All you lose is access to new releases and ticket support.

Top Bottom