Lack of interest New Toggle/if statement + Color Palate

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

The Dark Wizard

Hi,

I have an interesting suggestion I wish to propose that could dramatically increase the quality of life for style designers and cut down on the number of styles a user has to install.

• A simple toggle in the username dropdown where are all the other menus are located. Anywhere works. The goal of this toggle when a user clicks on it is to simply function as a backend xenforo if statement for a second color palate set.

The benefits to this are numerous, like designers being able to make both a light style and a dark style together, tie other features to the toggle, etc. This would also prevent the need for designers to code custom add-ons that do this, while also cutting back down on the number of styles to maintain. This would possibly be a time saver for both the designer and the admin when updating styles since you'd only be designing the style once (same templates and all) and only swapping colors and other things as needed with the if statement toggle. This would, however, require that xF incorporate a second set of palates.

If I'm not mistaken, one can add more palettes to a style in dev mode but that still doesn't negate the desire for a discussion on the quality of life and other style improvements. What xF does would encourage uniformity.

Basically TLDR: I'm suggesting that moving forward something be done to encourage the merging of light and dark styles as this is something expected by the end user in 2018. I'm not sure what the correct path is, but whatever streamline this for the admin installing it and designer making it, is great in my books!

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom