XF 2.2 New to XenForo, a couple issues that I can't figure out

BattleDash

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to XenForo and I'm having a couple problems.

I managed to make a minecraft<-->xenforo linking system, (even though the admin panel is now screaming at me about file mismatches) which works perfectly. But I'm having a few issues in other matters.

I'm new to PHP, and before messing around with that trying to find a ton of stuff and reinvent the wheel I thought I'd ask here first.

I have 2 questions.
  1. How do you extend the "View Others" permission in forums? I'm making a ticketing type of thing and I need it so people can only see posts by administrators (the ticket guide posts), yet "View Others" denied lets them see nothing, and I can't find any other options like it. I found the code where it determines if you have permission (Thread.php @ line 58), but from what I can see instead of iterating through posts and determining if you have permission to view each one, it just checks if you have viewOthers on the forum ID and if you don't it denies you access to all other posts, which makes me doubt this is even possible (even though I've seen it on forums before)
  2. How do you make pages like this one? I'd like the homepage of my forum to be the posts in the announcements forum but I can't figure it out.
All help appreciated!

Thank you.

2. That's an article forum with expanded view, not available yet:

2. That's an article forum with expanded view, not available yet:
Hypixel seems to have a similar system on their homepage, do you know if that's custom made?

Hypixel seems to have a similar system on their homepage, do you know if that's custom made?
Probably one of the portal add-ons.

Top Bottom