New Thread, title header

thunderup

Is there a way to change the display for a thread / title of thread when viewing it?

This is the way mine displays currently:
Screen shot 2011-12-04 at 1.35.03 PM.webp

This is how I would like it to look (the avatar shown is the user who created the thread's avatar):
Screen shot 2011-12-03 at 7.47.56 PM.webp

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_view

Add the red code near the top:

Rich (BB code):
<xen:title>{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}{$thread.title}{xen:helper pagenumber, $page}</xen:title>
<xen:h1>{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</xen:h1>

<xen:container var="$beforeH1"><div style="float: left; margin-right: 10px;"><xen:avatar user="$firstPost" size="s" /></div></xen:container>

<xen:description>
	{xen:phrase discussion_in_x_started_by_y_date_z,
		'forum=<a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}">{$forum.title}</a>',
		'name={xen:helper username, $thread}',
		'date=<a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{xen:datetime $thread.post_date, html}</a>'}
</xen:description>

<xen:navigation>
	<xen:breadcrumb source="$nodeBreadCrumbs" />
</xen:navigation>

This works in 1.1

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_view

Add the red code near the top:

Rich (BB code):
<xen:title>{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}{$thread.title}{xen:helper pagenumber, $page}</xen:title>

<xen:container var="$beforeH1"><div style="float: left; margin-right: 10px;"><xen:avatar user="$firstPost" size="s" /></div></xen:container>

'date=<a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{xen:datetime $thread.post_date, html}</a>'}

This works in 1.1

Hey Jake, this works for me... in a past thread we had added the node icons to the forum view page and it put the forum name and it's description on the same line...

How do I get the "Discussion in (forum name) started by .....
to be spaced on a second line below the thread title just like the example provided above?

Or another thing would be to lessen the vertical spacing between the Title and the description below it - or Board Title and description below it... so there is only a 1 px space between the two

You can set an exception for thread_view pages by adding the red code (following the code I already had you add from the previous thread):

Rich (BB code):
#pageDescription,
.titleBar h1
{
	display: inline;
	vertical-align: -20px;
}

.thread_view #pageDescription,
.thread_view .titleBar h1
{
	display: block;
	vertical-align: 0px;
}

You can set an exception for thread_view pages by adding the red code (following the code I already had you add from the previous thread):

Rich (BB code):
#pageDescription,
.titleBar h1
{
display: inline;
vertical-align: -20px;
}

.thread_view #pageDescription,
.thread_view .titleBar h1
{
 display: block;
 vertical-align: 0px;
}

Hey Jake,
The code you provided works as I wanted it, however it just uses the avatar of the user who has the top post on the thread's page... Not the Original Poster.. So if a thread is 5 pages long, and you are on the 3rd page, it uses the top poster on the 3rd page's avatar, not the original poster of the thread still

Good point. I didn't realize that. Use this instead (changes in blue):

Rich (BB code):

<xen:container var="$beforeH1"><div style="float: left; margin-right: 10px;"><xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" /></div></xen:container>

Top Bottom