New Thread Restriction

New Thread Restriction 1.3

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

New Thread Restiction - Removes the "Post New Thread" button until minimum number of post criteria is met.

Description:

Removes the "Post New Thread" button until minimum number of post criteria is met.

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 118094

Installation:
  1. Download newthreadrestriction_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  4. Upload the addon-NewThreadRestriction_v1.0.xml file.
  5. Click the Install Add-on button....

Read more about this resource...

Thank you Andy for this addon :)
Just a Suggestion i have now. Would it be possible to add more possible criteria like Trophy Points, Registration date and Likes to it ?

Error
No es válida la retrollamada Andy_NewThreadLimit_Listener::Forum (Clase no válida).

AndyB updated
Andy, shouldn't be better to put only the ID of forum where one with x messages is allowed to post? I'm asking this since in my forum the 0 post members cannot post but in just one forum so for me it's better to put only the forum ID where they can post.

Another note if you mind. I'd like that the restrictions apply only to a certain usergroup, if possible. In my forum you can't post if you're not registered and you can register only by invite. When you're registered and you've payed you are put in a specific usergroup and the first thing you've to do is to introduce yourself to the forum so I'd want to use this addon to avoid new users post in other forum different from the "new members introduction" one. Can I use the addon that way?

Registration date
I second this suggestion, although not a Registration Date but rather a time period since registered. I would like to restrict members from creating a thread in the classifieds until they have xx posts and been a member for xx days. This will then allow me to do away with an additional usergroup and promotion criteria I have had to create for this purpose. :)

Does this work with the Test Permissions function from admincp because I can still see the New Thread button when testing a new users account, yet I have 50 posts and 60 days requirements? Thanks.

Top Bottom