1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Thread Restriction 1.2

Removes the "Post New Thread" button until minimum number of post criteria is met.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

AndyB submitted a new resource:

New Thread Restiction - Removes the "Post New Thread" button until minimum number of post criteria is met.

Read more about this resource...

CentOS 6 likes this.
  2. Spiker400

Spiker400 Member

Thank you Andy for this addon :)
    Just a Suggestion i have now. Would it be possible to add more possible criteria like Trophy Points, Registration date and Likes to it ?

3. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Nice add-on ;)

Spiker400 likes this.
  4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

5. nos

nos Member

Error
    No es válida la retrollamada Andy_NewThreadLimit_Listener::Forum (Clase no válida).

6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

7. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Andy, shouldn't be better to put only the ID of forum where one with x messages is allowed to post? I'm asking this since in my forum the 0 post members cannot post but in just one forum so for me it's better to put only the forum ID where they can post.

8. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Another note if you mind. I'd like that the restrictions apply only to a certain usergroup, if possible. In my forum you can't post if you're not registered and you can register only by invite. When you're registered and you've payed you are put in a specific usergroup and the first thing you've to do is to introduce yourself to the forum so I'd want to use this addon to avoid new users post in other forum different from the "new members introduction" one. Can I use the addon that way?

9. viper357

viper357 Active Member

I second this suggestion, although not a Registration Date but rather a time period since registered. I would like to restrict members from creating a thread in the classifieds until they have xx posts and been a member for xx days. This will then allow me to do away with an additional usergroup and promotion criteria I have had to create for this purpose. :)

10. viper357

viper357 Active Member

Hi Andy, will this also work with Tapatalk users? Thanks.