• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

New skin (W.I.P.)

John

Hello all! Looking for some feedback on a new design. I know it's hard to give proper feedback from static images but this one's not quite ready for prime time. Still a ways to go with things, particularly the navbar. I've also experimented with mixing things up a bit. I think they work but look forward to what others think :)

Screen shot 2011-04-25 at 9.08.03 PM.webp

Screen shot 2011-04-25 at 9.08.58 PM.webp

Oh I really like this! The only thing I am not crazy about is the red background in the topics and comments area, I don't like that color there at all.

However, so far, I am loving the rest of it.

The name? Is that code name W.I.P for iXen...

That forum seems it wants to form a family tree...

Orange and gray? You need a wife / girlfriend that will show you what colours goes together.

Red? I need to tune my monitor....

Orange and gray? You need a wife / girlfriend that will show you what colours goes together.
Thats pretty insulting to say, seeing as he's a professional designer.

You might notice the blue, that does go together with orange, just saying.

Red? I need to tune my monitor....
W.I.P. = work in progress ;)

I happen to like the colors but thanks for the input.

Realized I forgot an image of the guest view...also what one would see with new posts icons.

Screen shot 2011-04-25 at 9.26.17 PM.webp

How peachy of you :LOL:...

Candy/parlor stripes are another flavor I would not of chosen... Will see what you come up with by next week.
They are not candy or parlor stripes. More like a pin stripe on a mans' suit.

Why on earth are you being so insulting?

You made it clear in your first post that you didn't like it. Move on.

It more of a mobile style look, then something that I would use on a regular board. Is that Fire Fox Browser screen shot, as I would like to know if all browser view it the same.

It is indeed different, that was what I was shooting for. Yes, that's a screengrab from FF. I've tested it so far in that, Chrome, Safari and Opera and it displays the same in all of them. Haven't checked it in IE yet.

It looks great john, did you aim for the breadcrumb to have a IPBish look to it?

I like the way it looks. Just the way the forum categories are laid out I would say would look better if it had the regular forum layout.

It looks great john, did you aim for the breadcrumb to have a IPBish look to it?

Not intentionally, no.

I like the way it looks. Just the way the forum categories are laid out I would say would look better if it had the regular forum layout.
Possibly. Wouldn't be hard to switch it back. I actually think displaying the number of topics and comments is wasted space and serves no benefit. I'm thinking I may experiment with doing away with that all together and going with a dual column setup within the categories.

I'm not a huge fan of the vertical stripes in the background, but the gradients and graphics elsewhere (especially in the postbit) are really nice. :) I think all of the colors complement each other well, actually. I'm currently undecided on the forum list...I don't quite like the box around the threads/posts but imagine it'd look nicer when in use and not a static screenshot anyway. Nice work so far (as always), John!

Looking great John, I personally would like a slightly smaller sub nav, or maybe just reducing the hover effects

Top Bottom