New skin designers working with XenForo

Markos

I'm very happy to see that my preferred forum skinners are now moving to Xenforo. There are Miko of themesinc, you know; the new entry is Ehren, that is a great ipb skinners (search "Ipb Forum skins" on Google), that now are ready to create some great professional skins on his site called Xenfocus. Now there are only three previews but all looks great. Hope to see soon good skinners like Skinbox or Rockettheme (argh!), but for now seems very good the situation.

This proves how popular xenforo has become and how great it is. It is a designer/coder 's heaven. And this is only the begining.The more the merrier I would say :)

Anyway, I can't say that I have heard about this new designer but after looking at the links posted above, he looks very talented as well to me.

cool, but...I feel like... why is this being announced?This an advertisement?

Absolutely not, it's not my interest to advertise anyone. I have created this topic because for now the vast majority of skins are simple recolors, not very customized. Also the commercial styles except 2/3 are very basic and nothing of special.
(y) theres been quite a few professional designers, don't see why you need to announce another one.

Sorry but i don't agree. Except Miko, Eric, John, Kim and 2/3 others exceptions, the vast majority of styles are simple recolors of the main skin. I have announced this because i think that Ehren is one of the best skinners in the forum world, anyone can claim himself a "professional designer", but there are the quality of works that can tell if you have talent or not. IMHO the Ehren works is superior by far of the majority of styles by the "average prof. designer".

The difference is by experience innovation and passion. Example for Miko/Pank, have created the "Xenoframework". Very innovative. Ehren skins also are often innovative, with good ideas (example the color picker for customize the color of skins). Skinbox also are innovative, with some good ideas/tweaks...there 3° examples are a very very little minority in the forum designers world, this is the reason because for me is an important announce is one of them jump to Xenforo world. :)

Any comparison with others "average professional designers" is not logic IMHO, for the reasons stated above.

I'm sure a lot of the designers appreciate the backhand insult you just delivered to the majority of them, some of which are professional designers.

I'm sure he didn't meant it as an insult Forsaken. Sometimes words get lost in translation. When you personally name the designers there is always the danger that you will leave someone out which deserves the credit. Personally I'm happy to see more and more awesome designers comming to XenForo.

I'm sure a lot of the designers appreciate the backhand insult you just delivered to the majority of them, some of which are professional designers.

I don't want to insult anyone, i have simply said: "Yes there are some good professional skinners, but the innovative works are a very rarity". That's a fact, now if for example Rockettheme decides to make skins for Xenforo for you is simply "another professional designer" that join XF? For me not, and it's not a offence to said that. For you if a very talented and popular skinner of another platform that have created dozen of great skins decides to convert their styles to Xenforo world, it's not a very good news?

There have been professional designers involved with XenForo from the very beginning (and I'm not talking about me!)
This is true, but my think is that now there are a lack of good styles.

It's interesting that Erik wasn't mentioned :eek: his skin is probably the most popular skin XF has right now.

I'm glad to see all of these designers creating free and commercial add-ons and I look forward to their preceding reputation being carried over to XF with the same quality of work that they're so well-known for on other platforms.

It's interesting that Erik wasn't mentioned :eek: his skin is probably the most popular skin XF has right now.

I'm glad to see all of these designers creating free and commercial add-ons and I look forward to their preceding reputation being carried over to XF with the same quality of work that they're so well-known for on other platforms.

He referred him as Eric I guess another misfortune :)

Except Miko, Eric, John, Kim and 2/3 others exceptions

I have stated my opinion:
the vast majority of styles are simple recolors of the main skin

That is normal, we are on the beginning...For me a mockup it's not a "good style", can be nice and with good colour choice, but remain a mockup. A good style should be a little original, a little innovative and with some touches of styles. Maybe i'm wrong, it's my opinion. I don't think there are anything offensive in that, but if you seem offenced, i'm very sorry.

With this topic i have only expressed the intention for annouce a good news: one of the best ipb skinners now have joined XF. And also i think that if the customers express publicly interest on commercial styles can (maybe) incentive others famous designers/teams of designers to join XF world. :)

My bad, i have writed Eric instead of Erik. :)
I guess another misfortune :)

Unfortunately my bad english creates sometimes various understatements. :D

Thanks for the share, I had no idea of this other xenforo styles website. I have bookmarked it.

This topic was just brought to my attention (Xenfous isn't actually ready for the public just yet so I didn't think anything would be posted, but thank you for the pre-release promotion anyway). ;)

Firstly I'd just like to say that all my respect goes to current xenforo designers. Every designer has their own style and fan base, so "the best designer" is definitely open to opinion. Kim (who is most definitely a "professional" skinner) employed me when I first started skinning years ago on a successful skinning site of hers for IPB. Even though we both had extremely different styles, all skins on that site were a hit and by the sounds of it, she's a great asset for Xenforo. If anyone hasn't done so already, please check out her site. I only decided to start my own xenforo skinning site because I had a lot of xenforo customers requesting conversions of my IPB skins.

Rather than this be a debate over the best designer though, it's better to look at all designers as part of one group helping to make Xenforo more appealing to new and existing customers (especially those creating free products). Graeme (Deus) and I are simply entering the market hoping to fill any gaps that current designers have not yet filled. A bit of friendly competition raises the bar for all designers and ultimately results in the creation of even more amazing skins for xenforo customers.

This topic was just brought to my attention (Xenfous isn't actually ready for the public just yet so I didn't think anything would be posted, but thank you for the pre-release promotion anyway). ;)

Firstly I'd just like to say that all my respect goes to current xenforo designers. Every designer has their own style and fan base, so "the best designer" is definitely open to opinion. Kim (who is most definitely a "professional" skinner) employed me when I first started skinning years ago on a successful skinning site of hers for IPB. Even though we both had extremely different styles, all skins on that site were a hit and by the sounds of it, she's a great asset for Xenforo. If anyone hasn't done so already, please check out her site. I only decided to start my own xenforo skinning site because I had a lot of xenforo customers requesting conversions of my IPB skins.

Rather than this be a debate over the best designer though, it's better to look at all designers as part of one group helping to make Xenforo more appealing to new and existing customers (especially those creating free products). Graeme (Deus) and I are simply entering the market hoping to fill any gaps that current designers have not yet filled. A bit of friendly competition raises the bar for all designers and ultimately results in the creation of even more amazing skins for xenforo customers.

As I said to you last year, it's great to see you here too Ehren! I have been a fan of yours since the day we met 6 years ago, and I have fully supported and cheered on your career over many years, so much so you were the only IPB skinner I ever recommended to my customers if I was unable to fulfill their Custom requirements.

We do have quite different styles, as does every one of the Pro skinners here so far, and it is going to be great for people to have such a wide selection of professional quality themes in the future.

I know fanboys and girls can often be quite unaware of how very rude they sound in their effusiveness for one product or person, I have been like that with Xenforo, I am sure I have inadvertently caused offense myself. But it's all good, I for one am happy to have other professional and original designers coming to join the party, it can only benefit everyone to have such choice.

Best of luck to you and your site as always my dear!

:)

Top Bottom