New Running Trainers

MattW

Got an early birthday present from my Mom today, a new pair of Nike Lunarglide +5's

I've had Nike Lunarglide for a few years now, and have progressed from the +2's, to the +3's and +4's, and now the +5's

full

Going to try the new ones out later this afternoon (y)

I started with a pair of Asics 1140's when I first started running, but they gave me horrendous blisters. I had my gait analysed and was suggested to try a support shoe, and the Lunarglide 2 were the middle priced offering from the ones I was recommended (Mizuno and Asics were the other ones).

The middle two have both just covered 1,000km each, so you can see where I'm wearing them away with my style of running (outer heal and mid-foot)
full

Same here - outside of heel and mid-sole.

Like you I tried a few different makes and the Asics felt most comfortable.
Been using them for years now and I know that even though they change the style every year (up to 19 now), they will still feel the same.

Totally agree. The Lunarglide have got a lot better. I had 2 pairs of the +3's after wearing the first ones out.

I'm also a sucker for bright green!

These were my running spikes I got when I was 15
full

and a paid of +3's I had custom made on the Nike ID site
full

I also prefer barefoot running. :)
back to the roots

btw. what kind if training are you doing?
the classical "long slow distance" training?
my forum relates to a crossfit/functional way of endurancetraining with great results.
(less kilometer, less time, better performance)

I also prefer barefoot running. :)
back to the roots

btw. what kind if training are you doing?
the classical "long slow distance" training?
my forum relates to a crossfit/functional way of endurancetraining with great results.
(less kilometer, less time, better performance)
Me personally, it's a bit of both. I do several half marathons a year, along with a few 10KM races. I'm currently training for a 10KM race at the end of September, with a 42 minute target time.

Then it's straight into Half Marathon for the end of October. Hopefully next year I'll be doing London Marathon

Added these new FlyKnit Ones to the collection this morning
image.webp

Will be trying them tomorrow for the first run of my 30's :)

I stick to Asic Gel Kayano too. For me they work the best. Tried the Skechers Go Run 2 and they are great for short distances.

Managed my first half marathon distance last night in strong winds. :) Am aching today though. :(

I stick to Asic Gel Kayano too. For me they work the best. Tried the Skechers Go Run 2 and they are great for short distances.

Managed my first half marathon distance last night in strong winds. :) Am aching today though. :(
Well done! I love half marathon distance, as it's long enough for a really good run, but still short enough to be able to keep pushing and aim for PB's.

Managed 40 mile cycle tonight too, thought it would be too much after half marathon distance run last night, but surprisingly got quite a few pb's on Strava. :) Legs feel a bit better now too.
Hoping to do 100 mile cycle for the first time before winter appears, managed 87 hilly miles last week.

@xavimtz > Looks like my safety boots from work. :D

Same here - outside of heel and mid-sole.

Like you I tried a few different makes and the Asics felt most comfortable.
Been using them for years now and I know that even though they change the style every year (up to 19 now), they will still feel the same.

I loved the Kayano 16 and bought a couple of pairs. Then I bought the Kayano 17 and I really did not like it. The 18 was better but still not the same as the 16. I dont run as much as I used to and now wear Saucony Hurricane 15.

These are my current trainers (still have one unused pair in the box):
gel-kayano-18.webp

I just wish they weren't so expensive.

Having said that, I've spent a fair bit on headphones too.
These are the only ones I can wear and I go through about 3 pairs a year:
sennheiser-pmx-680.webp

I sweat litres when I run and these are totally waterproof and immersible.
They still ultimately fail though due to being constantly drenched several times a week.

Top Bottom