Other New Resource Manager at waindigo.com

Jon W

Note: this service is currently unavailable. It will be relaunched soon.

To celebrate the 1st anniversary of the launch of the Resource Manager, Waindigo is pleased to announce the launch of our own Resource Manager at waindigo.com/resources.

So far it is just a clone of the XenForo Resource Manager, with the following differences:
  • pagination on the home pages
  • resources linked to Waindigo members (instead of XenForo members)
  • up-to-date resource counts
We are looking to add new features over the coming weeks and months, such as the ability to be notified of the release of a new add-on, plus lots of other exciting new features that we are not ready to tell you about yet.

You're really amazing...
So if I upload a ressource here it will be synchronized with your resources manager ?

Even if I don't need it for my own usage I'm going to ask the question many people here are wondering: will it be released to public ? ;)

You're really amazing...
So if I upload a ressource here it will be synchronized with your resources manager ?
If by here you mean XenForo.com, then yes. You can't upload resources to the Waindigo resource manager (yet).

Even if I don't need it for my own usage I'm going to ask the question many people here are wondering: will it be released to public ? ;)
It's not a full clone (yet), so no plans to release it (yet). Mainly it is designed so it could easily be replaced by the real Resource Manager when XenForo releases that. Also, a lot of the HTML/CSS is "shared common usage" code. ;)

I might be missing something but how have you populated it with all the addons/resources?
Magic. It should be noted though that we do not actually host the resources themselves. You will still need to download them through the real Resource Manager (a link is provided).

Magic. It should be noted though that we do not actually host the resources themselves. You will still need to download them through the real Resource Manager (a link is provided).

Yeah I noticed. Are you sure what you're doing isn't violating any licenses? Have all the addon authors agreed for you to present their addons on your site?

If you could make an option on your website to allow a synchronization of archive files (only for developers who want), it would be nice*... We could have a free backup like this :p

*=providing only licensed members can access them ;)

If by here you mean XenForo.com, then yes. You can't upload resources to the Waindigo resource manager (yet).

Errr.... I guess the question is... whats the point just to link back to here?

You'll also need to contact all the people whos usernames / avatars / content / resources you've copied and get their permission to re-publish their content.

Not to be a downer, but I can see quite a few issues with what you've done here...

You'll also need to contact all the people whos usernames / avatars / content / resources you've copied and get their permission to re-publish their content.

Not to be a downer, but I can see quite a few issues with what you've done here...
Here's one of many points that could be made. If someone's account is jacked up on here at least they can continue to support their resources from Waindigo's site.

Glad I wasn't the only one :-(

XenForo has "non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service", so maybe it can be extended for use here.

But yeah, some authors could have issues with it, but it's a good concept.

For now the function looks like a rss. Now, it's true, to avoid any problems developers should have the choice.
But you should delete one user account in the most active account :rolleyes:

Yeah I noticed. Are you sure what you're doing isn't violating any licenses? Have all the addon authors agreed for you to present their addons on your site?
If any developer is not happy, I am more than happy to remove their add-ons from my site.

I saw that my resources are on there. I got curious so I clickedhttp://waindigo.com/resources/authors/dre.2/ and got this:
That page is not available yet. Not sure why you get that error though. I will check it out.

If you could make an option on your website to allow a synchronization of archive files (only for developers who want), it would be nice*... We could have a free backup like this :p

*=providing only licensed members can access them ;)
This would definitely be something that I would be interested in doing. I intend to use things like this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/manual-customer-verification.34054/ or seeing reviews having been posted etc. as confirmation that someone has a license.

The point is to be able to offer things that aren't offered here... like the ability to have pagination on the homepage or notify users when a new add-on is released.

Avatars are not copied. They are only shown for users who have registered on the site. As you correctly quoted, I have also not copied the resource itself. I am also more than happy to remove resource listings if a developer asks me to.

Always happy to discuss issues.

XenForo has "non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service", so maybe it can be extended for use here.
Not sure that applies here unless XenForo buys my company.

Top Bottom