1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug New Profile Posts

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by imthebest, Jul 31, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Same user multiple times... I think it's a bug:

tes.png

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That's because you posted on three different profiles. Or if you're referring to Jake appearing twice, it's because you tagged him in your profile post and then posted on his profile.

Don't see this as a bug.

3. imthebest

If I were a bad boy I could have spammed that widget easily... that's why I consider it as a bug.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It still wouldn't be a bug.

Spammers' content will get dealt with by the staff, but legitimate members should just use common sense and not post so many profile posts in a short period of time if they think it'll annoy others.

5. imthebest

On busy forums with lots of young people this will be a problem...

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Regardless, I don't see any way this could be "fixed." If all your messages had been to Jake Bunce on his profile, for example, there could have been something like "Super120 posted five messages on your Jake Bunce's profile. View All," but they weren't, and even if they had all been to him, it doesn't work that way, anyway.

7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That's why you have forum rules and moderators. ;)

Amaury likes this.
  8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's nothing to stop people from doing that right now in pre 1.4 versions. There's nothing to stop, for example, similar activity showing on the News Feed or Recent Activity. I really don't see why special measures should be put in place now.

Lisa, Martok and Amaury like this.
  9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

This. The only difference now is that they are more easily visible.

10. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Exactly. And it's even easier to moderate them, so if anything there's the solution.

Amaury likes this.
  11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

That's why there's an "off" button. If it gets spammed too much, turn off the sidebar feature.

Amaury likes this.