1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 New Posts - personalize selection?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by creativeforge, Jul 6, 2015.

1. creativeforge

creativeforge Active Member

Hello everybody,

I received this request today:

"I would love to pick and choose which forums (and sub-forums) show up in my New Posts feed." There are forums and subforums they are not interested to know if there are new posts in them.

Is it possible for members to personalize their New Posts page/feed?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's not actually exposed, but you can do New Posts | XenForo Community to only get unread posts from forums you watch. That would really be the extent of it.
    Motobaka and creativeforge like this.
  3. creativeforge

Thanks Mike! I think they'd love that.

So is this a setting I can direct the members to? Where would it be located?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a URL which you would just make them aware of.

You could edit a template and add it there to make it easier to find/use.
    creativeforge likes this.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That was a case where I didn't actually want the URL to be converted to a page title... ;) So just to make it clearer:

There's no link into that page, so as @Brogan just beat me to say, you'd have to provide a link for them or add the link somewhere to your site.
  6. creativeforge

"Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages."

Does this mean that there may be more "New Posts" but until we visit those threads they won't show here either?
  7. Motobaka

Motobaka Active Member

This is the nuts!

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That just means there are threads with unread messages from your last session.