XF 1.1 New posts out of order

Will

Alright I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I tried searching but I really didn't know what to search for other than what it says in the title.

The problem is that almost every new post shows up in between a older post. I was thinking that it may have to do with how big the thread is because it is the first time I have seen it. Here is an example of what I mean. http://ueglive.com/forums/threads/the-last-person-to-post-in-this-thread-wins.84/page-212. If you look at the dates of all the posts, they are mixed up.

That sounds like a problem with your server clock since posts are ordered by date. You can debug the clock by adding this code to the templates:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> PAGE_CONTAINER

Add this code to the top:

Code:
{xen:datetime $serverTime, 'absolute'}

Now every forum page will show the date and time (in your user's time zone). If the date and time is wrong then you need to ask your host or server admin to fix it.

There is no easy way to fix the dates for existing posts. You might consider turning off your forum until the clock is fixed.

Seems as the date and time is correct. Right now posts are showing up correctly so hopefully the issue is gone but I don't know how it would fix itself all of a sudden.

Maybe the clock was wrong at the time of posting but now it's right. I can't think of any other explanations, and I have seen this problem caused by changes to the server clock so I think it's a safe bet.

You're posting in a 5 year old thread. What was relevant then isn't really relevant now.

If you're having this problem, I'd recommend rebuilding thread information, including rebuilding post positions and counters.

Top Bottom