1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 New page created, exclude sidebar?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by william1872, Feb 1, 2014.

1. william1872

william1872 Member

Hi all,

I've created a new page on our forum via the node application, this page will be used for people who optin to our newsletter, and will contain content to gently remind them to check their inbox to activate their subscription.

I'd like to remove the sidebar from this page only and the 'share page' as I'm looking for minimal distraction and don't want the page shared as this will be used for conversion tracking for people optining into our news letter.

Here's the link to the page I created any help appreciated?

Thank you
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Page nodes don't automatically have sidebars - you have to explicitly add xen:sidebar tags.

If you haven't done so then an add-on is causing that.
    william1872 likes this.
  3. william1872

william1872 Member

Thanks Brogan It's an add on just tested it out by disabling one or two. Can the 'Share This Page' be excluded or is that likely to be an add on to?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is a standard part of the page template.

You can edit the pagenode_container template to remove it.
    william1872 likes this.
  5. Anthony Etter

Anthony Etter New Member

When I use widget framework, I want most of the widgets on most of the existing pages. In fact all but one.