• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

As designed "New Media" tab

imthebest

When you go to the "New Media" tab (find-new/media) not only new media appears but also old media with new unread comments. While this might be as designed, it is confusing and I believe 1.1 is the best opportunity to change this behavior. These are the 2 workarounds:

1. When you click in "New Media" you should see the same stuff that you see at community/media (i.e. only new media sorted by the date when they got added).

or

2. Change phrase "New Media" to something like "New and Updated Media".

Thanks,
Super120

You are completly right. It doesn't make sense.

I remember making a thread about this either here or on xenresources.

I will have to find it.

But as far as i remember the solution to this is a new tab for "New Media Comments" because old media with new comments is not "new media"

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
What more can I say?

This is as designed.

If you wish to make a suggestion, please do so, but we're not making a change here for MG 1.1.

It was to show that i agreed with the thread creator about his suggestion.

It must have been added in a later version because i just noticed that now it shows a comment icon. i dont remember this in pervious versions.

Screenshots_2015-07-17-15-00-07.png

I think it blends in too much. Most people might not see it.

In fact i think an easy solution would be to change the icon color of the new comments box. So you could easily distingush between new media and new media comments

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
It must have been added in a later version because i just noticed that now it shows a comment icon. i dont remember this in pervious versions.
It was added in the old version 2.1, released about a month before you first became a customer.