XF 1.2 New Install - Facebook Integration

Edward Zurick

Hello all. I need some advice and clarification. First, I am totally new to XenForo (so be easy on me). I was a vbulletin owner (3.7) a few years back and know a little about install and configuration. I am having a difficult time finding information on some features that I am unfamiliar with... the Facebook Integration is one. I am not sure what it is completely, but I assume there is some link between the forum and a created facebook page. I created the page for my website/forum... but I can't figure out how to find the info. I did manage to find the application ID. But how or where do I find the application secret and the facebook page admin (facebook user id)?

Or am I missing something and that is not what this feature is for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.. but I am stuck on the first part... I goto the facebook developers page and the instruction says to hit the 'apps' tab. I did. Then it says to click the + Create New App... there is nothing like that on the page. I see a 'register as a developer'. I don't want to do that.

Perhaps someone can explain what the purpose of this integration is (in laymans terms)... perhaps I don't need it or it isn't necessary.

Perhaps someone can explain what the purpose of this integration is (in laymans terms)... perhaps I don't need it or it isn't necessary.
From the manual page I linked you to:
The ability for visitors to log in and register via Facebook benefits site owners, due to the ease at which new accounts can be created.

In order to make use of this functionality, a Facebook Application is required to provide the necessary integration between the forum software and Facebook.

Thanks Brogan.... and I do need that feature. But I can't understand why facebook is requiring me to enter a phone number (text/call back) in order to register as a developer. I am not too keen on giving them my personal data.

You do likely have to give them that information to create an application. Make sure you're logged in as a Facebook user though, not a page -- this changes things on their developer site.

Top Bottom