New here but not new

CricketYarrabilba

Hey all,
So I am back! I know that means absolutely nothing haha but have been in and out of the forum world for years originally started in the other software starting with a late letter of the alphabet before migrating over - did have some success earning our way onto the Big Boards list when it actually meant something haha. But after taking some time off I am back working with forums but rather than aiming to become a global phenomenon I am mainly setting up a board for my local cricket team (for those un-informed cricket is a sport played across the world).

The area I live in is new and still being built but we have a purpose built Cricket Oval that is under development and I am part of the team of people working towards getting a cricket association set up and running - as such I floated the idea for people to be able to talk/ask questions about the association etc, results and discussion can be placed there and also our resources such as draws etc

The forum will also allow people who no longer play the game to offer their playing kit or whatever up for grabs to others who are taking up the game or need new gear.

I had to push hard because we had the arguement "but can't we just use Facebook for that?" - I pointed out we have more control over our own forum, and that our FB page should be used for 'professional' announcements etc and not slagging matches whereas we can hide any people that have gripes behind a membership wall on our forums.

Anyway just wanted to shout out and say once again thank you to everyone who makes this community awesome, thanks to all the mods etc, and off course all of the addon programers without you this stuff would be close to useless for the bulk of us!

Catch ya around!

Top Bottom