1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 New groups

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by WCFA, Feb 22, 2014.

1. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

I created 3 new groups, I checked and made sure the editing of profile was checked as well as avatar.

All three groups cannot change passwords or have avatar settings. I know something is missing but permissions show on so I am doing something wrong.?

The base members have this option fine as well as moderators, but not the three groups I created.
    I have looked under user groups and user group permissions.
    Can't figure it out.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you post a screenshot of their permissions?

3. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

I even checked the user themselves and it says upload avatar .. ok I do not see a place for passwords on off either. hmm Yes I will take a picture.

Best I could do to include all settings very odd, I am sure I am missing something somewhere else.

Attached Files:

4. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Best I could do on copies

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How are you adding these members to groups? Changing their primary or adding it as secondary?

6. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Hi There,
    I added by a new user group ? And then added users to it ?

7. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Once you've created a new usergroup, you can add a user to it by editing the user within the Admin CP and ticking the usergroup you want to add them to within 'Secondary usergroups':

[​IMG]

8. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Hi I think I am starting to get it,
    So it I wanted a new group ( support members) with the same permission as a regular members just different title I would create and association of members as a secondary ?

9. oman

oman Well-Known Member

You would just create that group, and then add it as a secondary usergroup for the user.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, and do not set any permissions on the new group.

Amaury likes this.
  11. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

(y) Did it as you said, worked perfect thats what I was doing was setting one and not the other. Thank You Guys cool.
    I love this software just hard to get used to the ins and outs appreciate the help.

WCFA
    :cool: