New editor 1.2 plus n minus

Morgain

PLUS
Drag upload image.
I can't see any other pluses.

MINUS
# Its toolbar is REALLY ugly.
# You have to click twice to get at smilies.
# When you Quote and split the quote into sections the editor box keeps jumping around and contracting to a shallow unusable depth so you can't see more than 5 lines.
# There's not much on the plus side.

PLUS
Drag upload image.
I can't see any other pluses.

MINUS
# Its toolbar is REALLY ugly.
# You have to click twice to get at smilies.
# When you Quote and split the quote into sections the editor box keeps jumping around and contracting to a shallow unusable depth so you can't see more than 5 lines.
# There's not much on the plus side.

I don't need to click twice...

But, yes it's not very good looking, but if it's in the style properties then I'll just restyle it for my needs. Looks flexible and functions well.

What about custom smilies - will they transfer? - the keyboard command plus image filepath?

While I am not a big fan of the design of the buttons/toolbar, I guess that can be fixed via CSS and/or providing your own icons.

The new editor has other PLUSes though. For example, it behaves much better with browsers on mobile devices. The old editor was almost unusable (at least for me). Also, when you work with preformatted content, like source code with intends, it wasn't possible with the old editor. Also cutting and pasting content from elsewhere seems much more consistent to me. With the old editor, the pasted content usually turned into a mess (WYSIWYG‎ didn't work). Seems better now.

Last edited:
One thing I don't like about it that's the body element has a background, which means we need to edit native templates...again.

One thing I don't like about it that's the body element has a background, which means we need to edit native templates...again.
This is no different. The styles used by the iframe are the same as they were.

This is no different. The styles used by the iframe are the same as they were.
But there will be no harm if we make body transparent and just set the background with .redactor_box element. The less templates we need to edit the better it's for skin developers I think.

Top Bottom