1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Customer Questions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by mgwalk, Oct 16, 2013.

1. mgwalk

mgwalk New Member

Hello,
    I am excited to start using this software. My sites forum is located at
    http://www.tgldirect.com/forum/

I just installed Xenforo last night. So far I am loving it. I picked it over vBulletin 5. (I hope my pick was right)

So first question
    I have my install in/ forum
    and I get
    /forum/forums
    Is it possible to remove the /forums?
    I look at this but what if I do not want to move my install directory?
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-remove-the-extra-forum-forums-my-forum-url.43664/

Second question.
    You can see my site is a retail site. My vision is on a product page to have a discussion tab. I want a few things here.
    My Goal: I have a category called "Products" which I may keep invisible. And I want to put threads in there with the item product titles. This will be where the customers come to discuss about the items. Kind of like comments. but a discussion and handled by xenforo. This will show in the discussion tab.

How I would like to accomplish this.
    1. Make this an addon/mod So I can upgrade to the next version.
    2. Create a table linking product skus to the product discussion thread. Also related threads. So every product will have a thread in our forum. And it could also have x number of related threads.

Then on the retail site end. I will use the api to grab the product thread and related posts.

If someone could show me how to get started in making a plugin. That would be helpful.

Thanks
    Mark

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

1. No, its not possible to remove a route. It is however possible to rename them.
    2. Yes, this sounds entirely possible with an add-on. There is no api, but if you can access the PHP code, you'll be able to run your own.

3. mgwalk

mgwalk New Member

Where do I change the route?

I see
    Home > Options > Basic Board Information
    Index Page Route

I tried changing that and it does nothing.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

admin.php?route-filters/

5. mgwalk

mgwalk New Member

Thanks Brogan!

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member