Implemented  Needed -- Find all threads by user

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
who merged my thread ?

My suggestion is not the same as this !
Right. Your suggestion was to add links to these two searches in the username popup menu. My suggestion was to add a link to search for threads the user started on their profile page. Very similar, but also different.

There are now 4 suggestions/discussions in this thread
  1. find all threads started by user through search
  2. find all threads started by user through search, with the ability to specify forums/subforums
  3. find all threads started by user link in profile
  4. find all threads started by user link in user card popup

2. find all threads started by user through search, with the ability to specify forums/subforums
5. find all posts from user link in user card popup in navbar (it's already on profiles)

5. find all posts from user link in user card popup in navbar (it's already on profiles)

The title of this thread is "find all threads by user", I believe?

Maybe lock/split the thread because it is massively confusing at this point?

:confused:

All these great suggestions may seem to be different from the outside, but they were merged because they are identical at the core level, :)

Yes, it looks like XenForo misses what is the "show search results as threads" view mode in vBulletin. All other suggestions which require this mode ("find all threads by..." link, "my threads" link, an ability to search just for threads in the advanced search) depend on it.

6. find als threads that reading by user (last x days?)

Yes, it looks like XenForo misses what is the "show search results as threads" view mode in vBulletin. All other suggestions which require this mode ("find all threads by..." link, "my threads" link, an ability to search just for threads in the advanced search) depend on it.
It does actually have that, though it's not exposed on the type agnostic search. If you go into advanced and then into "search threads & posts", you get some more options.

From this page, you can also search for threads by a particular member. It's also available in 2 places on the profile.

It does actually have that, though it's not exposed on the type agnostic search. If you go into advanced and then into "search threads & posts", you get some more options.

From this page, you can also search for threads by a particular member.
Would have taken a long time to notice that button on my own to be honest.
It's also available in 2 places on the profile.
I think it should be in the upper part of "Postings" tab. I wouldn't check what comes after the posts if I'm not looking for individual posts. Also I find "Info" tab a strange place to offer all content and threads when there's "Postings" right next to it.

Would have taken a long time to notice that button on my own to be honest.

I think it should be in the upper part of "Postings" tab. I wouldn't check what comes after the posts if I'm not looking for individual posts. Also I find "Info" tab a strange place to offer all content and threads when there's "Postings" right next to it.
Agreed on both counts.

Also, since there is a link to a member's posts on the membercard, I think there should be a link to their threads as well.

From this page, you can also search for threads by a particular member. It's also available in 2 places on the profile.
Thank you!!!

This definitely needs some UI redesign. That button is awefully hard to notice. :)

Maybe move the 'Search Threads and Posts' from the upper right to someplace more intuitive closer to the box? Right now it looks like it has something to do with the Navbar popup. Just an idea, I've not thought the whole thing through.

Top Bottom