Need to remove all threads, posts and users

Joe Blow

I have an unused forum that I hadn't checked in a while. It now has thousands of spam users and threads.

How do I completely remove all the threads, and all the users (except admin) on the forum quickly and easily?

You could do it via phpMyAdmin, removed ~ 900 accounts and ~ 3000 threads in a few seconds from the tables without running a query.
I tried that but I keep getting errors when trying to import and keep the topic numbers the same. It gives me something about duplicate entry error.

I tried that but I keep getting errors when trying to import and keep the topic numbers the same. It gives me something about duplicate entry error.

If you use that import option (to preserve source ids) then it must be a brand new installation with no content or you will get duplicate key errors.

Doing physical deletes with queries is problematic because there are many joined tables involved, and if your deletion isn't complete then you will still get duplicate key errors due to orphaned records that you failed to delete.

If I were in your situation, I'd start from scratch with a fresh install. No need to preserve accounts of any Admins who let the forum get to that state anyway, right?

If I were in your situation, I'd start from scratch with a fresh install. No need to preserve accounts of any Admins who let the forum get to that state anyway, right?
I think he meant admin as original admin account. And this would be a very handy feature if you want to keep all your usergroups permissions and template edits and whatnot.

Top Bottom