1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to remove all threads, posts and users

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Joe Blow, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Member

I have an unused forum that I hadn't checked in a while. It now has thousands of spam users and threads.

How do I completely remove all the threads, and all the users (except admin) on the forum quickly and easily?

2. Ramses

Ramses Member

Got the same, thousand users and posts...

3. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Member

So can someone please tell me how to do this?

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Maybe Jake has some magic phpmyadmin commands.

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. Mendo

Mendo Member

Ugh. I was hoping there was an easy way to wipe the whole forum. This looks like a LOT of work doing it manually.

7. Ramses

Ramses Member

You could do it via phpMyAdmin, removed ~ 900 accounts and ~ 3000 threads in a few seconds from the tables without running a query.

8. Mendo

Mendo Member

I tried that but I keep getting errors when trying to import and keep the topic numbers the same. It gives me something about duplicate entry error.

9. Jake Bunce

If you use that import option (to preserve source ids) then it must be a brand new installation with no content or you will get duplicate key errors.

Doing physical deletes with queries is problematic because there are many joined tables involved, and if your deletion isn't complete then you will still get duplicate key errors due to orphaned records that you failed to delete.

10. Mendo

Mendo Member

Yeah it'd be nice if it told me what table was giving the dupe error.

11. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

If I were in your situation, I'd start from scratch with a fresh install. No need to preserve accounts of any Admins who let the forum get to that state anyway, right?

12. Mendo

Mendo Member

I think he meant admin as original admin account. And this would be a very handy feature if you want to keep all your usergroups permissions and template edits and whatnot.

13. duderuud

duderuud Active Member

I remember Brogan posted a command to delete all content (for the import option Jake mentioned)

14. Jake Bunce

15. odingalt

odingalt Member

This is the reason I am ditching xenforo and going back to vbulletni.

16. Jake Bunce