Need recommendations for Mac FTP client

Commander One is paid 2 panel file manager. It supports FTP, SFTP, WebDav, archives, some cloud services.

But why pay for one when you can get one for free? CyberDuck is nice, it supports pretty much everything you'll need and its free.

I used Coda 2 for quickly editing website and uploading them but Transmit is by the same company so the experience should be the same.

I've been using CyberDuck mostly. It'll let you directly edit files if you need to, doing cmd + down arrow will navigate you into the directory instead of attempting to download the entire directory like it does on FileZilla so it's more consistent with navigating in finder

I played around with CyberDuck and I just never really got to where I liked it... honestly didn't try it out that long as the version I had did not have split screen, which was a requirement for me.
I also like the Transmit Disk function.

Care to share what it has that Filezilla doesn't have?
FTP folder Sync, Amazon S3 support, WebDAV support, reliable multiple connection support (gives typically higher speed), good built in editor, mount "Favorite" (which is a connection definition) as a disk... those are just a few off the top of my head.
If you just need very simple FTP type ability, CrapZilla is fine I guess, but I've had issues in the past with it and got torqued enough at it I simply purchased what several Mac developers I know recommended.

Top Bottom