Lack of interest Need [hide][/hide]code

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

hualing

Could I have hide code to share some resources in specific groups ?
=========
add:
I just want Search Engines can find the pages, but can't read the contents inside the [hide][/hide], just like vbulletin.org. it can make people to register or pay some money to read something. I am not sure if it's difficult for the xenforo developers, but I really want get the function, don't you?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Oh! guys, :)
looks like there are some kind of "hide" codes, actually, I just want Search Engines can find the pages, but can't read the contents inside the [hide][/hide], just like vbulletin.org. it can make people to register or pay some money to read something. I am not sure if it's difficult for the xenforo developers, but I really want get the function, don't you?

I can see why some might want something like this, but I have no desire for this feature. We are simple and either show forums to guests, or not.

[hide][/hide]: Content within tags are only shown to member groups with permissions to do so

Content within tags are revealed on user input (click a button, reply to post, etc)

I believe the OP is asking for the former which allows content to be indexed by select text to be hidden (eg: coupon codes) as an incentive for signing up and posting.

A BBCode that hides things from specific usergroups would probably have to be made as a modification at this stage. Something tells me the BBCode system that Kier/Mike will/have created doesn't allow PHP to evaluate the current usergroup.

i have never used it personally. but i have seen it on a couple of forums.

and i assume that this functionality is powered by a third party mod in pretty much all the forums.

can anyone confirm if a forum software offers it by default?

i have never used it personally. but i have seen it on a couple of forums.

and i assume that this functionality is powered by a third party mod in pretty much all the forums.

can anyone confirm if a forum software offers it by default?
I understand your point but just because other software doesn't offer it by default, doesn't mean some other software can't!

Though I do agree it should be an add-on/plugin/modification.

Top Bottom