• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Need [hide][/hide]code

Could I have hide code to share some resources in specific groups ?
=========
add:
I just want Search Engines can find the pages, but can't read the contents inside the [hide][/hide], just like vbulletin.org. it can make people to register or pay some money to read something. I am not sure if it's difficult for the xenforo developers, but I really want get the function, don't you?

Oh! guys, :)
looks like there are some kind of "hide" codes, actually, I just want Search Engines can find the pages, but can't read the contents inside the [hide][/hide], just like vbulletin.org. it can make people to register or pay some money to read something. I am not sure if it's difficult for the xenforo developers, but I really want get the function, don't you?

Dean

I can see why some might want something like this, but I have no desire for this feature. We are simple and either show forums to guests, or not.

yoghurtfarmer

[hide][/hide]: Content within tags are only shown to member groups with permissions to do so

Content within tags are revealed on user input (click a button, reply to post, etc)

I believe the OP is asking for the former which allows content to be indexed by select text to be hidden (eg: coupon codes) as an incentive for signing up and posting.

James

A BBCode that hides things from specific usergroups would probably have to be made as a modification at this stage. Something tells me the BBCode system that Kier/Mike will/have created doesn't allow PHP to evaluate the current usergroup.

OperaManiac

i have never used it personally. but i have seen it on a couple of forums.

and i assume that this functionality is powered by a third party mod in pretty much all the forums.

can anyone confirm if a forum software offers it by default?

James

i have never used it personally. but i have seen it on a couple of forums.

and i assume that this functionality is powered by a third party mod in pretty much all the forums.

can anyone confirm if a forum software offers it by default?
I understand your point but just because other software doesn't offer it by default, doesn't mean some other software can't!

Though I do agree it should be an add-on/plugin/modification.