1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Need [hide][/hide]code

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by hualing, Sep 23, 2010.

1. hualing

hualing New Member

Could I have hide code to share some resources in specific groups ?
    =========
    add:
    I just want Search Engines can find the pages, but can't read the contents inside the [hide][/hide], just like vbulletin.org. it can make people to register or pay some money to read something. I am not sure if it's difficult for the xenforo developers, but I really want get the function, don't you?

feldon30 and Lojo like this.
  2. James

James Well-Known Member

Specific groups as in usergroups?

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean spoiler code?

4. Phases

Phases Active Member

Well if spoiler/hide isn't there.. I sure vote for it. I use it heavily.

5. Lojo

Lojo Active Member

You also have my vote.

6. Freddie Agricola

Freddie Agricola Active Member

hide as in, "reply to this thread to see the content"?

7. hualing

hualing New Member

Oh! guys, :)
    looks like there are some kind of "hide" codes, actually, I just want Search Engines can find the pages, but can't read the contents inside the [hide][/hide], just like vbulletin.org. it can make people to register or pay some money to read something. I am not sure if it's difficult for the xenforo developers, but I really want get the function, don't you?

8. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I can see why some might want something like this, but I have no desire for this feature. We are simple and either show forums to guests, or not.

9. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

[hide][/hide]: Content within tags are only shown to member groups with permissions to do so

Content within tags are revealed on user input (click a button, reply to post, etc)

I believe the OP is asking for the former which allows content to be indexed by select text to be hidden (eg: coupon codes) as an incentive for signing up and posting.

10. James

James Well-Known Member

A BBCode that hides things from specific usergroups would probably have to be made as a modification at this stage. Something tells me the BBCode system that Kier/Mike will/have created doesn't allow PHP to evaluate the current usergroup.

11. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

I'd have to agree there are a lot of variables that can take place, that it seems more suitable as a mod.

12. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I would rather the devs make a nice, extendable bbcode system. Then the members can make spoilers and hide as they please and others can use it for other things.

cheeseshredder likes this.
  13. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

14. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

15. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

From an administrator standpoint, that would be bad allowing users to keep content from indexing.

16. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

i have never used it personally. but i have seen it on a couple of forums.

and i assume that this functionality is powered by a third party mod in pretty much all the forums.

can anyone confirm if a forum software offers it by default?

17. James

James Well-Known Member

I understand your point but just because other software doesn't offer it by default, doesn't mean some other software can't!

Though I do agree it should be an add-on/plugin/modification.

18. patrick91

patrick91 Member

I want this feature is there someone who can make this for some bucks? Contact me by pm...