1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Need help with staff page.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by sophie1204, Apr 20, 2014.

1. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

I'll be upfront with this: I know practically nothing about code. So figuring out how to modify a template is almost a complete mystery to me.

I'd like to profile staff members on the Staff Help page, but I'm not sure how to add their avatar and a link to their member card, or how to repeat the staff block for each staff member. Here's the code as it exists for the page. Can someone help a complete moron like me?

<xen:require css="help_menu.css" />
    <xen:if is="@helpMenuStaff">
    <xen:title>{xen:phrase help_staff}</xen:title>
        <div class="messageText ugc baseHtml helpAbout">
        <div class="helpAboutTitle">Delete this title if you don't want it… Copy it to reuse it in this page...</div>
            <div class="content">
            <xen:comment>*** Start - Copy between tags to repeat for each staff member ***</xen:comment>
            <div class="staffWrapper">
                <div class="staffUserBlock">
                    <div class="staffavatarHolder">
                        <a data-avatarhtml="true" itemprop="photo" class="avatar" href="index.php?members/anthony.1">
                        <span style="background-image: url(styles/default/xenforo/avatars/avatar_l.png);" class="img l"></span></a>
                    <p class="staffuserText">
                    <em itemprop="title">Enter Staff Name</em>
            <p>Repeat each section, filling in the appropriate staff avatar locations and URL's to correctly show their user member card.</p>
            <hr />
            <xen:comment>*** Finish - Copy between tags to repeat for each staff member ***</xen:comment>
            <div style="clear:both;"></div>
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is this from an add-on?

The comments in the code explain what needs to be done but you will get better help from whoever created that code.
  3. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

Yes, it was. And will do. Thanks.