Need help tweaking server

> This is not a host issue... my host is very well respected.

I didn't think it was - just curious. :)

Do you know if your MySQL install supports InnoDB?

Yes, it does. Isnt that a xenforo requirement? My xenforo tables are listed as InnoDB.

I'm just upgrading plesk at the moment, then I will upgrade php, apache and mysql and post back the other 'top' info requested.

No, it's not required for Xenforo, just highly recommended. The MySQL tweaks that TheVisitors posted might help with some of the issues you are seeing. It depends on where the bottleneck is happening.

Yes, it does. Isnt that a xenforo requirement? My xenforo tables are listed as InnoDB.

I'm just upgrading plesk at the moment, then I will upgrade php, apache and mysql and post back the other 'top' info requested.

Plesk. :eek:

Could be the issue. I've never known anyon who could tweak a plesk setup, long term.

That MySQL configurtion will help, but not completely resolve it (in my opinion).

skip-innodb entry is removed or commented out from below my.cnf

^ Pay note to that. Plesk may give you an issue there.

If you're using Debian or Ubuntu I can help you very easily.

But before we get started do a ping test to your Dedicated Server or VPS Server. Make sure that its not a host issues that is making your site seem slow. IF things ping well and resolve well.... Let's move on....

First lets see what is using up so much resources.

apt-get install aptitude

aptitude install htop

top (make a screen copy from here)
htop (make a screen copy from here)

This will get me a basic understanding of what processes your using.

I also need to know the basic of your setup... ie.... Ram, cpu, apache version, php version, and mysql version. I would suggest 5.3.10 for php and mysql 5.5 or 5.6
I get this:-
apt-get install aptitude
bash: apt-get: command not found
I tried to use 'locate' to find apt-get and aptitude but it seems neither are available. Centos uses yum to my knowledge, not apt-get

I get this:-
I tried to use 'locate' to find apt-get and aptitude but it seems neither are available. Centos uses yum to my knowledge, not apt-get
You are correct.

That was from my 1st post, when I was asking you what OS do you use.

Just replace the commands I gave you with YUM not apt-get or aptitude

Top Bottom