XF 1.3 Need help moving Category

Hello, I have a question for the XF community. I just created a new category with a forum in it on my website. The website is www.pafisherman.com and you can see at the very bottom of the page there is a forum and category called "saltwater fishing". I would like to move that category with the forum in it to below the "ice fishing " category.

Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

I tried doing as described above and it did not work the way I wanted it to. What happened is I tried putting it in the root node about where I wanted it to be and then set the place to 1 or 2 and it becomes a sub-category. If I leave the root node as just "root node" and set the place number to 4 which if the number cateogry I would like it at then it just stays at the bottom of the page. I took some snips to show what happens.site1.webpsite2.webp

The display order is relative to all of the other nodes at the same level.

If you have four nodes in the root, you will need to set the display order of all four of them accordingly, relative to the others.

Thank you for your help, just to clarify, I should go through every category and list them in the number order I would like them in the display order and just leave the parent node section as "root node" ?

Typically categories will be in the root and each category will have a number of child forums.
So yes, set the order for all of the categories in the root.
Additionally, my advice is to use increments of at least 10, to allow for easier future changes.

Top Bottom