1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Domain Ideas

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mythotical, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Mythotical

Mythotical Well-Known Member

I am starting a college forum for discussing the process of preparing for college, freshmen talk, sophmore talk, etc. Not only that but it will have a list of colleges for questions to be asked so other students from that selected college can respond.

The problem I'm having is that I wanted collegetalk.com or collegeforum.com but those are taken so I'm here for others to give me an idea for domains.

2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Finding a good domain name can be tedious especially when the niche you are looking at is flooded. I use this tool quite often with good results. Many settings you can use but just adding keywords for the niche your looking at works great for ideas. :)

3. Mythotical

Thanks, I'm so using that site from now on. I love it.

My wife came up with CollegeChitChat.com so we'll use that for now.
    Steve F likes this.
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

maybe wait a bit and buy the .college domain !
  5. Mythotical

.college domain? What is that you speak of? :)
  6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

7. Mythotical

8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

CollegeForum may be taken, but it's a splashpage. Normally, this means the person wants to sell it, but I can't see a "Domain is for sale" or similar sentences.

CollegeTalk is open for sale, the last time I checked that site - if you have hundreds of dollars or a thousand dollars in your pocket set aside for webmastering these college sites. I would negotiate a price.

But make sure you're ready to put all your heart and soul into the site. Otherwise your money is wasted.
  9. Mythotical

I want CollegeForum I put in an offer, just waiting to hear back from the owner.
  10. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Very nice domain :)
  11. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Good. :) Hopefully he comes back with a price. :D
  12. Mythotical

Me too. LOL

13. Corey

Corey Active Member

For anyone interested, DomainHole is a similar tool with a few additional features. Such as domain alerts and an expired domains search.