Need a new host

moleculo

After 10+ years on my current host, it's time to move to a new host. I don't need to get into the details, but suffice it to say that my current host has lost my trust.

I need a recommendation on who to move a site that is large on content (and pic heavy), with moderate traffic that can spike at times. I've been on a "premium"ish Shared Host plan; VPS is still probably overkill unless the price is right.

Can I get some recommendations so I can make some quick decisions?

Thanks

After 10+ years on my current host, it's time to move to a new host. I don't need to get into the details, but suffice it to say that my current host has lost my trust.

I need a recommendation on who to move a site that is large on content (and pic heavy), with moderate traffic that can spike at times. I've been on a "premium"ish Shared Host plan; VPS is still probably overkill unless the price is right.

Can I get some recommendations so I can make some quick decisions?

Thanks
You should have a VPS for your forum to have better features than a shared hosting. For a VPS if you optimize you hosting as well then your forum can accommodate thousands of visitors daily without any issues. I would recommend some providers
https://forumweb.hosting/17606-dts-...al-ips-as-needed-yearly-plan-40-per-year.html
https://forumweb.hosting/17426-serv...-hosting-server-usa-china-singpore-india.html

I worked with their team and I think you can trust service.

Hope that helped.

How many posts does your forum have?

I will be able to answer that, as soon as my existing host reactivates the account so I can get that stats! It got a spike in traffic so rather than advise that I needed additional services, they just temporarily suspended it!

I will be able to answer that, as soon as my existing host reactivates the account so I can get that stats! It got a spike in traffic so rather than advise that I needed additional services, they just temporarily suspended it!
I sent ya some questions in a PM ;)

The very reason I left SiteGround. Traffic spikes and they shut you down. I moved all of my sites to HawkHost and have been extremely happy.

The very reason I left SiteGround. Traffic spikes and they shut you down. I moved all of my sites to HawkHost and have been extremely happy.
Considering trying them out (would move from Siteground). My site is still brand new though, so how is their support? That's one of the big factors for me, Siteground has been good, but I don't want to run out of storage when I'm already at 60% of my capacity with almost zero content.

@KensonPlays I can't speak to their support because I have never needed it :) From everything I have read their support gets high marks. I am a few months in and have zero regrets.

@KensonPlays I can't speak to their support because I have never needed it :) From everything I have read their support gets high marks. I am a few months in and have zero regrets.
Which plan are you on? They recommend their Pro Shared for me, which for 2 years, is like half the price of siteground.

Top Bottom