XF 2.1 Navigation section

JoyFreak

I have added a navigation for a forum and linked the Navigation section to it. However, the breadcrumb now shows as
Forums > Gaming Forum > Gaming Forum

Although the parent category node is called "Discussion" and should show as this:
Forums > Discussion > Gaming Forum

You see it does show as the above when the Navigation select is set to "Default (Forums)" for that forum. But because I have linked it to "Gaming Forum" navigation, it's showing as duplicate. Is there a way round this?

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• breadcrumb discussion.webp
    breadcrumb discussion.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 11
  • breadcrumb gaming forum.webp
    breadcrumb gaming forum.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 11
  • nav gaming forum.webp
    nav gaming forum.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 10
  • navigation gaming forum.webp
    navigation gaming forum.webp
    22 KB · Views: 9
  • navigation section gaming forum.webp
    navigation section gaming forum.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 10
I would think that short of creating a new controller/route filter, the only way to do this would be to simply rename one of them or do some restructuring. Maybe just settle for creating two main categories, such as "Gaming Discussions" and "General Discussions" or something similar?

EDIT: I should add that I don't claim to be an expert! So maybe someone else will pop in with some simple solution. Just saying that I personally couldn't figure out how to do it. 🙃

Last edited:
I would think that short of creating a new controller/route filter, the only way to do this would be to simply rename one of them or do some restructuring. Maybe just settle for creating two main categories, such as "Gaming Discussions" and "General Discussions" or something similar?

EDIT: I should add that I don't claim to be an expert! So maybe someone else will pop in with some simple solution. Just saying that I personally couldn't figure out how to do it. 🙃
Thanks for your response. I will keep looking :D

I have always been curious and did further digging to finally find a solution I've been looking for and would like to share it with those who are looking for similar results. Removing "arg-selectedNavEntry="{$selectedNavEntry}" from the "container_breadcrumb_top_above" and "container_breadcrumb_bottom_above" in "PAGE_CONTAINER" template gave me the results I wanted.

Top Bottom