1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navigation link de-selects Forums tab

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by AndyB, Nov 6, 2014.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have an add-on I'm developing called Advanced Search. There is a link to the add-on located under the Forums tab. You can see it here:

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/

When I click the Advanced Search link, the Forums tab is no longer highlighted. How can I make the Forums tab continue to be selected after I click the Advanced Search link?

Thank you.

2. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

For example:

../Route/Prefix/AdvancedSearch.php

Code:
    /**
    * Match a specific route for an already matched prefix.
    * @see XenForo_Route_Interface::match()
    */

public function match($routePath, Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, XenForo_Router $router)
    {
        return $router->getRouteMatch('AdvancedSearch_ControllerPublic_AdvancedSearch', $routePath, 'forums');
    }

AndyB likes this.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Hi Valhalla,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. The code example you provided, where would I use this?

This is what I currently have for my PHP file Andy/AdvancedSearch/ControllerPublic/AdvancedSearch.php

PHP:
    <?php

class Andy_AdvancedSearch_ControllerPublic_AdvancedSearch extends XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract
    {
        public function 
    actionIndex()
        {

// get user group permissions

if (!XenForo_Visitor::getInstance()->hasPermission('advancedSearchGroupID''advancedSearchID'))
            {
                throw 
    $this->getNoPermissionResponseException();
            }

// send to template

return $this->responseView('Andy_AdvancedSearch_ViewPublic_AdvancedSearch''andy_advancedsearch');
        }

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

If I try this:

PHP:
            // send to template

return $this->responseView('Andy_AdvancedSearch_ViewPublic_AdvancedSearch''andy_advancedsearch''forums');
    I get this error:

pic001.jpg

5. Valhalla

Have you created a Route Prefix for your new page? (In Development -> Route Prefixes)

Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 20.03.16.png

Once you have created the new Route Class as above, you can refer to your ControllerPublic file (the one you posted above):

PHP:
    <?php

class Andy_AdvancedSearch_Route_Prefix_AdvancedSearch implements XenForo_Route_Interface
    {

/**
        * Match a specific route for an already matched prefix.
        * @see XenForo_Route_Interface::match()
        */

public function match($routePathZend_Controller_Request_Http $requestXenForo_Router $router)
        {
            return 
    $router->getRouteMatch('Andy_AdvancedSearch_ControllerPublic_AdvancedSearch'$routePath'forums');
        }
    }

?>
    Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 20.13.04.png

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    AndyB likes this.
  6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Got it!

Thank you so much, Valhalla.

Adding 'forums' to the Andy/AdvancedSearch/Route/Prefix/AdvancedSearch was all I was missing. I knew how to do this, but forgot that is where I needed to add 'forums'.

7. Valhalla

I'm glad you got it working. :)