Other Navigation Drop Down Menu

Shortie

Hi there, I am looking for a way to be able to add my own navigation tab in that would allow a drop down, so for example

Tab name: Interactive
Dropdown content: User Albums, Arcade etc

I have searched for something like this and so far been unsuccessful and I really would like to add in something like this as my navigation is getting a bit clogged up, not sure if I am missing anything when searching.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Change the red text. Add this to navigation:

<!-- interactive tab -->
<li class="navTab forums {xen:if $tabs.find-new.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}"><a href="Your link here" class="navLink">Interactive</a>
<a href="Your link here" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="Your link here, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}">
<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
<h3>Interactive</h3>
<div class="muted">{xen: p hrase quick_links}</div>
</div>
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
<li><a href="Your Link here">Tab name here</a></li>
<li><a href="Your link here">Tab name here</a></li>

</ul>
</div>
</li>

Hi there, thanks for this :)

I have added the code into my navigation template however I am getting this error after adding it it

Code:
The following templates contained errors and were not saved: navigation: 1)Line 76: Template syntax error.

Is there anything that could be causing this?

There might be a problem with this line:
<div class="Your link here, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}">

It should be something like:

<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}">

But probably not exactly that, just an example.

But yeah that line I quoted above probably won't work because you wouldn't put a link as a class and there's a stray } at the end of that.

I like to use this addon to create menus:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/

That allows you to use link forums to create the nav items.

But in either case you still need to deal with the problem of tab selection. Creating a new tab with links doesn't make those pages select the new tab (for the purpose of consolidating your tabs). This can be messy to deal with. I have an idea to address this in the Nodes As Tabs addon but I'm still working on it. In the meantime consolidating your tabs is difficult because of tab selection.

@Yorick

Thanks for that, I tried adding that code in and it didn't seem to cure the problem, still seem to be getting the same error when I try to save.

@Jake Bunce

Am I able to use this for my own links such as being able to link to my arcade via a dropdown on the navigation?

Thanks.

@Jake Bunce

Am I able to use this for my own links such as being able to link to my arcade via a dropdown on the navigation?

Thanks.

Yes. The addon uses nodes to build tabs. For example, create this node structure:

Interactive (category)
> User Albums (link forum)
> Arcade (link forum)

The two link forums are made to link to the URLs of those respective pages. Then you can make the category (Interactive) into a tab using the Nodes As Tabs addon, complete with a popup menu for the child nodes.

The template edit works too. I just like avoiding template edits.

Yes. The addon uses nodes to build tabs. For example, create this node structure:

Interactive (category)
> User Albums (link forum)
> Arcade (link forum)

The two link forums are made to link to the URLs of those respective pages. Then you can make the category (Interactive) into a tab using the Nodes As Tabs addon, complete with a popup menu for the child nodes.

The template edit works too. I just like avoiding template edits.

Ah cool, thanks for that I will give that a try :)

This has worked great :) thanks.

My only problem now is I am left with some links in the navbar and I am unable to find where they are to remove them, they are

User Albums
Arcade
Xbox Live Leaderboard

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Top Bottom