1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MG 1.1 Navigation categories

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by Steff, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Steff

Steff Member

I'm sure this probably a missunderstanding of mine on how categories work in Xenforo.
    I'm trying to achieve the following and to some extent I have managed this.
    I have created a higherarchy of categories to keep the vast amount of pictures in order.
    Here's an exaple:

Main category
    I have four top categories each with a different subject (example cars, vans, boats and horses)

Sub categories:
    The above categgories are devided in to sub sections each (example cars run on petrol, cars run on diesel)

and finally I have the media categories that actually have images and these have sub categories each (example cars made in 1900, cars made in 1910, cars made in 1920 and so on.

I have set up a structure in XMG but the problem I havve is because the top and initial sub categories are for navigation and do not contain media, the user gets a message saying no media found.
    I'm wondering is there a way to make these categories act as navigation rather than a category.

;

2. Steff

Steff Member

I think I've figured this out. In the XMG category settings I need to untick the media allowed and remove the allowable media. That seems to make the category act as navigation rather than an album.
    Happy days :)

Chris D likes this.