1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navigation bar width

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by sydneyh, Oct 28, 2012.

1. sydneyh

sydneyh Member

Hi guys!

After 4-5 hours of trying im giving up with full of frustration.
    So here I am to ask my fellow xenforo users for any tips and advice!

Current navbar

The navbar Width is currently 100% and what im trying to do is having the same width as the rest of the forum.

When im changing the marges/padding or width in % or px the navbar isn't staying static on the same place but move along when im increasing the width of my browser.
    At this point i'm very frustrated that I can't get it right.

When I add auto in the left and right box under marges it dont have the same width as the rest of the forum and the result what I get is this.
    Plus the line doesn't auto width either...

Any tips or advice would be awesome.
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

The margin and width of the navigation is set in Xenique - Navigation Containers -> Navigation Tabs, so you will need to remove this first.

Add this to extra.css to remove the line:

#navigation .pageContent nav

Then in Xenique - Navigation Containers -> pageContent (The First one) add a border using @primaryDarker as the color, solid and 3px and that should do what you want.
    Jake Bunce and sydneyh like this.
  3. sydneyh

sydneyh Member

Awesome I will try it out asap.
    Btw on a sidenote I really love the style and framework you developed, cheers!
  4. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I like the style too :p.

I actually finished up that quickly to launch a new gaming site till I have time to do a custom style for us.
  5. Marileah

Marileah Member

how did you make the first image,. the navigation background light gray stretch the width of it? please i want mind to be like the current nav bar image that you have,.can you tell me the details please.