1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navbar media to link to a certain profile

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by surfsup, Feb 23, 2015.

1. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

How can I link the 'Media' navbar tab to be a url to an admins profile so everyone can see our main videos first instead of everyone elses?
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It would require editing the code.

Open file: library/XenGallery/Listener.php
    Line 118 is:
     'href' => $tabActionLink,
    This isn't particularly straight forward... but the objective is to change $tabActionLink to a link to your admin's profile, that would look something like:

'href' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:xengallery/users', array('user_id' => 1'username' => 'Admin')),
    That would create a link like:

If you copy and pasted that, you would need to edit the user_id to the user_id of your admin user and the username to the username of your Admin.

Ultimately, I wouldn't recommend this because you would have to re-apply the changes after each upgrade.
    surfsup likes this.
  3. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

So maybe it would be best to just remove the tab all together from the navbar and just add one from nodes as tabs and generate a custom link?

Would that be the best bet? If so how can I remove the navbar media tab from the navbar?