NavBar Links

DieselMinded

Im not a big fan of the Dual Stage links to where the 2nd level changes with a tab change , why not just do drop down boxes ?

vb4 nav bar is a disaster , cant even edit the tabs let alone decide whats under them

I am undecided. There are simply too many options to display comfortably .. I want to be on forums and click what's new .. and not having to click on forums first, to get to what's new ..

We have various thoughts about how to deal with this - but what you see now is not the final version, I want to be able to access the links under each tab without a page reload.

I don't mind the sub-stage nav, providing its done at industry standards, ie. RocketTheme have a great sub-nav built-in with Gantry. Speaking of, I would actually say their multi-nav method selection is one of the best I have seen in the design industry for some time, being you can change it from dropdown to sub-nav to block with a simple selection.

IMHO, the important thing is that the nav is extremely easily customisable. I ripped out the vb nav and replaced it with my own, and what a speed improvement it made just removing that thing and relying on pure CSS, hand coded navigation.

We have various thoughts about how to deal with this - but what you see now is not the final version, I want to be able to access the links under each tab without a page reload.

Why not make it similar to when you hover over your username/Inbox/Alerts on the right of the header? Both sides would have similar behavior and wouldn't require anything "new" for the user to learn.

Top Bottom