XF 1.2 Name and Password not saved on iOS devices

AndyB

When I log into any Xenforo forum (after logging out) using my iPad, the user name and password always have to be typed in. When using my iMac the user name and password are saved and that makes it easier to log in.

On my iPad I have the following set:

Settings -> Safari -> AutoFill -> Names and Passwords -> On

Is there a hack or template modification I can make so that the saved Names and Passwords feature will work with iOS on my forum?

Thank you.

Last edited:
That will be something to do with your device, OS and browser, not something which can be affected by XenForo.

What I don't understand is that I have another website that I created where I have a log in form and the user name and password can be saved and it populates these fields automatically when want to log in. Yet when I try to do the same with a Xenforo forum there is no prompt to save the user name and password.

Hopefully someone else that uses iOS will be able to confirm if the saved password is displayed when they log into xenforo.com forum here.

Last edited:
Perhaps you selected never to save it for this particular site?

In which case it won't prompt again.

Try clearing the browser cache and form data, etc.

Perhaps you selected never to save it for this particular site?

In which case it won't prompt again.

Try clearing the browser cache and form data, etc.

I've tried that many times (Clear All). Unfortunately it's not an issue with the saved preference with a particular site.

Top Bottom