[n] Username Change

[n] Username Change [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£5.00)
Yeah, just revoke the permission. Don't give any usergroup permission for it, and it's disabled (so, by default, it is disabled, until you give people permissions for it).

Just to clarify:

Do you mean that I can revoke the permissions on a per-group level to prevent that group from seeing this information? So it's possible, say, for Members not to see the username changes, but for Administrators to see them?

That would be ideal! :D

Just to clarify:

Do you mean that I can revoke the permissions on a per-group level to prevent that group from seeing this information? So it's possible, say, for Members not to see the username changes, but for Administrators to see them?

That would be ideal! :D
Yup. That's what the feature is :)

@Robust you need to figure something out cause apparently your site is down and because my site couldn't connect to yours to check the copyright it messed my site all up. If this is how it's going to be when your site goes down it takes mine down with it I will not be using this addon anymore.

@Robust you need to figure something out cause apparently your site is down and because my site couldn't connect to yours to check the copyright it messed my site all up. If this is how it's going to be when your site goes down it takes mine down with it I will not be using this addon anymore.
apantic.com is up now. Regarding copyright, it should be working like this:
  • If a template is rebuilt, the check is ran once again (the API request to see if the license has copyright removal)
  • If Apantic's website is down, it's just automatically going to assume copyright removal does not exist, and show branding
  • Values are cached, so until another template rebuild, this won't be checked. So it is not every page load or anything
If copyright is to be shown, it's shown like this:
7b59e8ba36.png

Next to the XF one.

What problem are you experiencing?

Oh, I see, this is a pretty bad problem. Luckily, Apantic.com has 100% uptime until I went to rescale and increase the memory resources on the machine so nobody experienced this yet, but it seems like it's timing out instead of ignoring the request. Let me look into this. Apantic.com is up and I strongly apologise for this.

I was getting server errors cause it couldn't connect to your site and the forums themselves wouldn't load throwing a SQL error. I disabled the addon and the site worked again.

I was getting server errors cause it couldn't connect to your site and the forums themselves wouldn't load throwing a SQL error. I disabled the addon and the site worked again.
Yeah, I really apologise for that. I see the error, it's a timeout.

An exception occurred: Unable to Connect to ssl://www.apantic.com:443. Error #110: Connection timed out in /home/vagrant/apantic/dev1/library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php on line 235

Give me a minute.

@Ernest L. Defoe Alright. I'm not too sure how to set a maxtries and avoid this timing out. The XenForo_Helper_Http class doesn't support this as far as I can see, but there might be another method. I'll look into it further. Until then, you can enable this add-on - apantic.com was down for maintenance and is fixed now. It'll be back to our 100% uptime we had prior to this.

I looked and other sites use this same system, so really a lot of forums are relying on the uptime (and the stable connection) to a remote server, which doesn't seem right to me. I thought the Http helper had such a maxtries system built in, but it appears not.

Thanks for this report, I'm glad I know about it. This isn't as intended at all.

Top Bottom