[n] Username Change

[n] Username Change [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£5.00)

nanocode

Apantic submitted a new resource:

Username Change - Let your users change their usernames... It's a little bit more powerful than that.

This add-on gives your users the option to change their username. The administrator has multiple options to control what usergroups can change their username and how.

Features:
  • Allow your users to change their username
  • Allows the administrator to set a cooldown period after changing a username until the user can change their username again
    • You can set this to no cooldown
  • Allows the username to set a maximum amount of times a usergroup can change...

Read more about this resource...

Is it possible to disable the username changes display on the users' profiles?
Such as silent username changes? Sadly not, right now. You can suggest it however if it's something you'd be interested in, and I can easily add it into version 1.1

Branding removal is the typical £30, standard for all Apantic add-ons. That said, the branding is not obstructive.

It may not be obstructive but I didn't buy copyright removal for xF to have copyrights for addons in the footer. I understand why developers have them I just can't stand them on my site.

It may not be obstructive but I didn't buy copyright removal for xF to have copyrights for addons in the footer. I understand why developers have them I just can't stand them on my site.
Well, it takes time to code XF add-ons. We can get add-ons out cheaper if customers that require branding removal purchase branding removal, which is a much smaller percent, and they make up for some cost making the add-on more accessible. Alternative is always to price the add-on higher and make branding removal cheaper (or even free). While branding removal is there, it does sometimes attract more customers which always helps the add-on company, as a thanks perhaps. I can understand your position, as well.

Apantic updated Username Change with a new update entry:

1.1.0 Update

New Features:
  • Support for invisible username changes. This means a user, with the right permission, can change his username and it will not show up on his username history. It will, however, still show up in the ACP if you search by User ID or directly enter in the change ID

Bug Fixes:
  • An alert will not be sent to a user if they are a moderator AND the one changing their username through this system. I previously commented this out for development...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Well, it takes time to code XF add-ons. We can get add-ons out cheaper if customers that require branding removal purchase branding removal, which is a much smaller percent, and they make up for some cost making the add-on more accessible. Alternative is always to price the add-on higher and make branding removal cheaper (or even free). While branding removal is there, it does sometimes attract more customers which always helps the add-on company, as a thanks perhaps. I can understand your position, as well.

Again I have nothing against them. I understand why they are there. I just don't like them. If/when I purchase I will be also getting branding free.

Top Bottom