MySQL Standard 2000$ and the MySQL Classis will have no InnoDB?

alpukn

While checking the MySQL Editions comparison page, I noticed that Oracle "did it". The MySQL Standard will cost 2000$ and the class edition has no support for InnoDB.
What will this influance the future releases of XenForo since the XF uses mostly the InnoDb tables.

there are so many new companies offering sql application but have anyone done benchmark for example mardiadb, skysqletc?

Oracle might just get a backlash in five or so years when current MySQL users are in a position to affect corporate DB strategies, just saying.
Theres a large undertaking to make an alternative SQL solution other than MySQL the industry standard in hosting. That'll hurt Oracle more than anything else could, because that is often their main target.

End of the day if enough people are opposed to it being removed, it would end up being put back. Makes you wonder if it would be put back too late leaving people moving to another db though. Would be a massive change for the internet world though if it happened.

End of the day if enough people are opposed to it being removed, it would end up being put back. Makes you wonder if it would be put back too late leaving people moving to another db though. Would be a massive change for the internet world though if it happened.

That sounds like MySQL is just thinking "haha, ppl will pay, it's easier than changing"
haha, ill change.

My thoughts entirely. My personal opinion is if Im gonna pay for a database I will be using a windows platform with SQL Server.

Even MSSQL has a free flavor with full functionality of the paid one

However has a limit on database size, limit on memory and processors can be used etc. Its not got all the functionality however the things you do not get with the express edition you are not likley to use with something like a forum anyways. However the limitations on memory, size and processors would certainly affect people running forums.

Top Bottom