MyDaddyCool - a forum for dads

hehe.. Nope!

I have a 10 year old VB forum to migrate this winter and wanted it not to be a shock for the members. So I made this forum to look er.. similar..

If I was a member at your forum, regardless of how long I'd been there and what software I'd used before, if you told me we'd be getting a brand new forum software... that WOULD be a shock.

I'd strongly urge you not to go with that style. Your members will adjust themselves to the changes. They don't need to be kept in 1999.

If I was a member at your forum, regardless of how long I'd been there and what software I'd used before, if you told me we'd be getting a brand new forum software... that WOULD be a shock.

I'd strongly urge you not to go with that style. Your members will adjust themselves to the changes. They don't need to be kept in 1999.

Well said. :D

Its Daddy Cool! Two thumbs up for effort :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm a dad to 2 boys. A 2 year old and a new born last month.

I think first impression for a guy to join this site is important. And my first impression wasn't that great sorry. It could have been the colour purple that didn't appeal with me or could have been the responsive style that you're using or the changes you made. I didn't like it. I prefer the xenforo default responsive.

Also when changing from portrait to landscape in responsive on the iPhone 5 on your site. It only zoomed in and this made it harder to use the style.

Now I can see you have done a big job in a few days with posting lots of content. However there are a heap of sections. IMO too many sections. For a super busy site that can be okay. However what will happen on yours is a whole heap of empty threads with little discussion. I'd personally halve that many sections initially by condensing them.

Overall the style and way too many sections turned me off and I closed the page.

Wow, I am really impressed! With only a short glimpse it actually looks like an old vB forum. :D Although I prefer modern looking sites, this is done very well!

How long did it take you to get to that look?

This is a nice clean style. I'll admit I was a little confused at first but not so much at the style at first, but at the logo. Was trying to figure out where the L came from. :LOL:

Oh lord. What did you do to that Xenforo :eek:

I congratulate you for your creativity....but honestly I cringed when I saw it. I wouldn't join a forum that looks that outdated. :unsure:

Top Bottom