MyBB Faster then Xenforo ?

Can you associate your forum account with your customer account and then this thread can be moved to the relevant customer/support forum.

I have moved it from suggestions to pre-sales for now.

even when i navigate on official forums mybb.com .. xenforo.com mybb looks be faster ...

I do not understand why everybody says that xenforo is fastest forum.. but it seems to me that is among the slowest

Then I recommend to use mybb :)

My experience is that mybb on the same dedicated server with 1,2 million posts was a smooth experience, with sluggish loads here and there. And once converted over to XenForo rc1, it was flying and user activity picked up again, and the analytics showed the bounce rate went down, and people stayed on the site longer.

even when i navigate on official forums mybb.com .. xenforo.com mybb looks be faster ...

I do not understand why everybody says that xenforo is fastest forum.. but it seems to me that is among the slowest

The problem with comparing the two official forums is that other factors such as the server itself, where it is hosted relative to you and how many people are on the forum at that time, among other factors will all influence page load times etc.

For what it's worth I have just tried navigating both and they seem to visually load at about the same speed, though the page finishes loading quicker here on XenForo, though I'm sure that's because I have already downloaded most of the images etc on the page. But in terms of displaying actual content both appeared identical.

Having said that using the developer tools in Chrome to monitor page load time MyBB appeared to be quite a bit slower, but that was mostly request time which I'm assuming is because their server is hosted further away. I haven't checked where each server is, just my assumption.

(Though as the different appears quite negligible to the end user then it is down to what works best for your situation and which one you and your users are most comfortable with.)

Yeah, basically, what Tomble said. Additionally, bear in mind XF has yet to perform certain optimizations, like minifying javascript (save some 70 kB) and CSS (~15 kB). ;)

There's also various server settings that can affect it. Basically, a link to the myBB/XF installs you have would be nice. :p

Agreed. Unless you're willing to post both site URLs for everyone to test, it's hard to take your claims seriously. (you've been here one day and a majority of your posts promote myBB)

I haven't used MyBB other than to glance at the MyBB community just now, but in pealing back the underlying HTML there, I was underwhelmed. All the threads were using TABLES for formatting. That gives administrators little control over the layout of their forums. There was also a lot of inline style data, which is less flexible and means that every page has extra content, instead of delivering it via CSS once, which can be cached.

I am all for open source projects, if you've got a good core team doing the foundation. I just haven't been blown away with the free offerings in the forums space. For me, the $140 that xenForo is charging is well worth the investment due to the experience/skills of the team.

--Ed

Then I recommend to use mybb :)

My experience is that mybb on the same dedicated server with 1,2 million posts was a smooth experience, with sluggish loads here and there. And once converted over to XenForo rc1, it was flying and user activity picked up again, and the analytics showed the bounce rate went down, and people stayed on the site longer.
I have had the exact same experience and i have a cpl months worth of analytics to back it up.. Although i cant compare to mybb. But statistically speaking everything went up that i wanted to go up and everything i wanted to go down has went down... Choosing XF was the best decision ive made since i got into forums a few years ago..

Top Bottom