MyBB 1.8 to Xenforo

The importer is designed for MyBB 1.6. I have no idea if there are schema changes in 1.8 that will break it (wasn't aware of 1.8 and I think this is the first request for/comment about it).

I've been a long term user of MyBB. As far as I know from their development, they didn't have too many database changes for XenForo's importer not to be able to successfully move over most content. Obviously there are some new additions, XenForo will simply ignore them I believe, as it would with columns generated by MyBB plugins.

I recommend you try it, should work out.

There were not any major schema changes, but the way IP addresses are stored has changed to support IPv6, and a few tables were added (including the spam log table). Also, the way reports are stored has changed slightly.

There were not any major schema changes, but the way IP addresses are stored has changed to support IPv6, and a few tables were added (including the spam log table). Also, the way reports are stored has changed slightly.
So what will it do? just not copy the IP addresses and the reports? or will it give me an error and wont let me convert it?

So what will it do? just not copy the IP addresses and the reports? or will it give me an error and wont let me convert it?

I'm not sure, as I have not tried or looked at the code used. It's most likely that they just won't be imported. The IP addresses are now stored in varbinary fields rather than varchar and are stored in binary form as such. I believe XenForo actually uses a similar (if not the same) technique to store IPs.

Can i get a confirmed answer from Xenforo to make sure?
I want to buy the software but i want to make sure I'll be able to transfer all of the informations i got on my mybb 1.8 forum.

WE are unable to give you a definitive answer.

The MyBB importer was designed for version 1.6.
Depending on the nature of the changes in MyBB 1.8, it may or may not work.

Importers are usually done based on the demand we receive, though updating an import to cover a new version is usually a fairly straightforward process.

If I have an opportunity, I will look into the necessary changes for 1.8 though I couldn't commit to when any changes might be incorporated. If you can provide a copy of your 1.8 data, that would likely speed up the process.

Top Bottom