Mybb 1.6.10 to Xenforo

neil1

ok guys/gals, If this has been asked before please excuse my arrogance, I have a forum with over 4,228 posts in 542 threads.

My question is does this forum come with a converter from Mybb to Xenforo and how easy is it. I.E will i need to convert to other platforms before this forum ect ect

ok guys/gals, If this has been asked before please excuse my arrogance, I have a forum with over 4,228 posts in 542 threads.

My question is does this forum come with a converter from Mybb to Xenforo and how easy is it. I.E will i need to convert to other platforms before this forum ect ect

Yes, there is a built in MyBB 1.6. converter in xenforo so you can convert directly. Converting to xenforo is very easy. All you have to do is add the required db details and run the converter.

Thank you for the quick reply bornole, Ok so looking through the demo, when i do the converting, what do i need to put in this Attachment Path: field? or would i leave that blank?

Thank you for the quick reply bornole, Ok so looking through the demo, when i do the converting, what do i need to put in this Attachment Path: field? or would i leave that blank?

You are welcome. And it is borbole btw :)

You will need to put the path to the attachments path for your MyBB forum.

Hi Disciple of Nagash.

I have not done this yet, i will be buying the forum hopefully end of the month, since my website is evolving around fireworks. I need to get over the silly season :) i will let you know when i have set it up, or if you buy it before me, could you let me know lol

So that would mean i would need to put /uploads in that field?
Probably. I got 3 sites set up - I'll run a test import into my developer site and see how it goes. It will have to be later today as I'm leaving in about 20 minutes to take the wife to work and it will be 2.5 hours before I'm back home.

I would be interested to hear that as well. My site is a reasonable size (365,955 posts in 23,827 threads), so it any indication on how long the converter would take would be a great help.

Neil - I doubt I'll end up doing it before you, but I might get around to some testing. If I do I'll post any feedback here.

Just had some questions, thought may as well keep it in here for those interested in MyBB import :)
  1. Does the converter create a new sql database, so the old MyBB one will still be intact - or I assume it may just use a different prefix?
  2. Could I create a subfolder for the new Xenforo install, run the converter into that so I can verify it has all worked ok, install extra addons. Assuming everything was ok, could I then just delete the old MyBB folders and move the XF install up a level?
  3. I see you can have test site on the same domain. So there would not be any issues with my site being "www.vampirecounts.net" and the a locked testsite running at "www.test.vampirecounts.net". I assume if there are no problems then I could purchase the license, do a lot of testing on the test site and then do the proper import on the live site once I am happy?
I'm just trying to think of the fastest way to run a transfer, and also so I can test a lot of the functionality out prior to an actual transfer.

1. The source database is left intact when importing and a new database is created for the imported content.

2. Yes, see the sticky thread in the importing forum for the best practice to follow.

3. Yes, the FAQs in my signature cover that and more.

Top Bottom