• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

My XenForo Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
great job loving everything about it. a very nice mockup cant wait to see it in action

is it anyway you can change the white into something darker. imo all the whiteness is kind of blinding could you possibly do this

Attachments

• xenforostyle2.webp
    xenforostyle2.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 47
well all too much whiteness is actually briging more annoyance than actually giving you a clean look, thats what 130 of my members commented while 54 of them liked the design as it was. at least give us the ability to add a gradient background for the forum display of threads and replies like the pic i uploaded so theres less whiteness

You can always modify any style to your liking. The 'white' color isn't actually pure white anyways. It's a slightly off-white.

Anyways, work on the style is coming along nicely. This is my working test installation of XenForo, not a mockup:

flexile-wip.webp

And of course, full support for XenForo's Color Palette Style Properties (this was accomplished by simply changing the hue slider):

flexile-red.webp

You can always modify any style to your liking. The 'white' color isn't actually pure white anyways. It's a slightly off-white.

Anyways, work on the style is coming along nicely. This is my working test installation of XenForo, not a mockup:

View attachment 5003

And of course, full support for XenForo's Color Palette Style Properties (this was accomplished by simply changing the hue slider):

View attachment 5004
Impressive!

i see,so you can example change the background like this?
aswell of changing the staff online column along with the rest?
so theres no way to add maybe a gradient bg like the previous pic i uploaded?

Attachments

• flexile-wip.webp
    flexile-wip.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 31
i see,so you can example change the background like this?
aswell of changing the staff online column along with the rest?
so theres no way to add maybe a gradient bg like the previous pic i uploaded?
You can if you want to. Everything is accessible within the templates and style properties system. To change the color, you would really only need to change a single color in the color palette. Adding a gradient would be a bit harder, but still easily do-able.

Although technically, do to the way I am handling the speech bubble icons so they change color along with everything else, if you changed the background color as you are proposing you would also need to make some small edits to PSD's for the icons so that they work with the new background color. It's kind of complicated and I will explain better when I release the theme. The reasoning for this approach was that more people are likely going to want to change the overall color of the theme then change the white background. :)

This is my working test installation of XenForo, not a mockup:

Really *great*!

You can if you want to. Everything is accessible within the templates and style properties system. To change the color, you would really only need to change a single color in the color palette. Adding a gradient would be a bit harder, but still easily do-able.

Although technically, do to the way I am handling the speech bubble icons so they change color along with everything else, if you changed the background color as you are proposing you would also need to make some small edits to PSD's for the icons so that they work with the new background color. It's kind of complicated and I will explain better when I release the theme. The reasoning for this approach was that more people are likely going to want to change the overall color of the theme then change the white background. :)
thanks alot :) wonder why vbulletin never reached this kind of style coding approach

I am liking this a-lot, it has to be said!! It looks clean as hell, and there are a few things on there that are lacking from the xF Default Style Sheet, but it's looking rather sexual to say the least!! If that's also on a real board, then you have done well to get that far, especially if you haven't had any coding experiences, or even styled before. I am now watching this topic, to make sure once it's released I know about it!!

I got a funny feeling that a few people will want to push some donations your way Erik, so make sure you're ready for the generous xF Community once it is released =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom