• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My Xenforo started displaying all messed up

#1
Well, I succesfully re-built my xenforo after 3 months with ipboard.

All was working perfectly up until a moment in which all sstopped working for no other reason.

I did not touch anything on the server, It just started displaying wrong, Ajax won't load anymore and it seems that not even JS is loading.

http://foros.tecnogaming.com


Banners all display at the same time, the whole page is a mess.

Does anyone know what could be wrong here?. I tried disabling all plugins to no avail, this happens at random and then it fixes all by itself but mostly, works like this.


Any ideas?. Server is running nginx with nginx xenforo rules.
 

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#2
You have some javascript errors on the page.

Specifically one is relating to a Twitter widget... do you have an add-on that uses a Twitter widget? If so disable it, see if that makes a difference.
 

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#4
I don't have any twitter widget installed and the thing is.

Ajax wont even work on the admin panel !
I beg to differ...

Code:
<script>$(".twitter-tweet").css("border","1px solid rgb(236,236,236)");</script>
<script>$(".twitter-tweet").css("border-radius", "7px");</script>
<script>$(".twitter-tweet").css("box-shadow", "0px 0px 7px 0px rgb(37, 37, 37)");</script>
<script>$(".twitter-tweet").children("p").css("border-bottom", "3px double rgb(236,236,236)"), ;</script>
An add-on has added that code and it's causing an error. That being removed might reveal other issues.
 

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#6
Search for twitter-tweet in:

Admin CP > Appearance > Search Templates

Search for twitter-tweet in the "Template contains" box.

Once you've found the template, don't delete it or anything...

Instead put <xen:comment> at the beginning of the template and </xen:comment> at the end.
 
#10
Ok, you're a genius.

The file was NOT loading through nginx and it was due to the same file being already packed in .gz on the same folder. Removing all the .js.gz made the file visible again, I really don't understand exactly why, probably has something to do with the gzip that nginx does, but as soon as I deleted the .js.gz files BANG the files is visible again and the forums started working as it should.

Thank you !