My VPS Server Crashed

This is when you switch to Liquid Web/StormonDemand...

They will stand on their head to get your problem fixed and pick up the phone in 60 seconds or pay you to wait on the phone (if it takes longer).

Installing Mumble, Minecraft and other stuff on my server is as easy as saying, here are the files, install this for me. That is what Liquid Web/StormonDemand will do for you. Anything.

@Slavik downloading now..
backup.webp

Press the "cancel" button. :p

I kid, I kid! :D:censored:

Good thing you were able to get access and trying to salvage your last backup. Oooor last backup they were able to make.

Well update for everyone, looks like there was some sort of hardware failure, power loss, drive corruption, memory fault.

After working through god knows how many errors finally managed to get it to a state to create dumps of all the databases. Unfortunately the ibdata file is a no-go. :( So either a long dump drop and restore process, or using the 2 day old backup...

In the meantime while I was working on it... the server seems to have crashed... so looks like theres some hardware fault at play here...

This is when you switch to Liquid Web/StormonDemand...

They will stand on their head to get your problem fixed and pick up the phone in 60 seconds or pay you to wait on the phone (if it takes longer).

Installing Mumble, Minecraft and other stuff on my server is as easy as saying, here are the files, install this for me. That is what Liquid Web/StormonDemand will do for you. Anything.
which package do you have? looking for one comparable to mine

Attachments

• t.webp
    t.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
UPDATE: Looks like all my sites are backup now.. They did a restore and looks to be working now.

So for all FUTURE backups what do you all recommend?

@Slavik you are awesome thank you very much.

UPDATE: Looks like all my sites are backup now.. They did a restore and looks to be working now.

So for all FUTURE backups what do you all recommend?

@Slavik you are awesome thank you very much.

I have a rsync cron job to my Synology at home. Simple and cheap compared to online storage. I have a decent upload in case if I need to restore.

I have a rsync cron job to my Synology at home. Simple and cheap compared to online storage. I have a decent upload in case if I need to restore.
I basically do the same thing... but now that I got a NICE server installed with ProxMox I'm going to be doing that AND moving most of my sites from their dedicated servers to VPS's I configure on it and make regular backups of the entire VPS also. Heck, the move from one ProxMox server to another took (after the upload) all of 5 minutes to do (that was with reconfiguring the eth0).

I use Bigscoots, they have been very good. Fully Managed and super fast support. For us noobs, usually a managed host is the best way to go for vps.

Top Bottom