1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Signature

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Robbo, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Is there a better way I can do my signature without putting the text into the images? The editor XenForo uses just seems crap... in every way :/ To write this topic I had to open chrome instead of using Opera as it decided it didn't want to work. Oh how I could rant for ages... back to the topic...

You can see what I am trying to do in the signature and it works I guess however I'm a perfectionist and this will just not do! If I have to I will just add text to the images, get someone good to and make it purty.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you just want linked images?

[url='http://xenforo.com'][img]http://path/to/image.jpg[/img][/url]

3. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Nah. The links under the images I want to line up without having to put the dots in. The parser is removing extra white space so I can't use spaces and indents are only for per line. I'm thinking I will just have to link images (should have anyway) and have the text in the images.

4. alexD

alexD Active Member

You can always change the color of the dots to match the background.

grant sarver likes this.
  5. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Oh good idea. Thanks :)

Edit: done... always the simple solution

6. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

images are too big :D

Fuhrmann likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah agreed - please shrink them (probably half the height). The text doesn't line up here anyway. :)

Steve F likes this.
  8. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

Nothing against you Robbo, in fact I'm interested in some of your stuff. But it's this kind of lack of self-moderation that leads many admins to rethink their policy or to ban images altogether. By all means, use your signature to inform us of your offerings, but don't beat us over the head with it.

9. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

"The best answer is the simplest one that works".

10. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Yeah will do.

In Opera it did heh. I'll sort out new images with text in them when I get a chance.

11. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

I always meant to make them smaller. Just got too tired when doing it last night messing with it and other stuff. I would much rather a smaller faded out banner that lights up when you hover but such things aren't possible.

12. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

finally got around to this... is this less in your face enough?

Fuhrmann likes this.